Ponds are becoming increasingly popular features in many residential and commercial landscapes. Not only do they bring beauty and serenity to a property, but having a water feature installed can also provide a host of other benefits such as creating natural habitats for local wildlife, regulating the air temperature, and reducing stress levels. As pond trends continue to evolve over the years, it’s important to keep up with the latest pond designs so that your pond is both functional and stylish.
Here are some pond trends that Scottsdale homeowners should consider in 2023.
1. Low-Maintenance Designs: With busy lifestyles, pond owners are looking for pond designs that require minimal upkeep and maintenance. Eco-friendly pond systems with natural filtration, such as living ponds and constructed wetlands, are becoming more popular as they provide an efficient way to cut down on time spent maintaining the pond while still keeping it clean and healthy.
2. Natural Appearance: Many pond owners are looking for a pond design that reflects the beauty of nature, rather than an artificial look. This could include incorporating native plants or stones into the pond’s design. Natural ponds tend to be less expensive than manmade ones since they don’t require as much pond equipment or construction.
3. Water Features: Water features are becoming increasingly popular in pond designs as they provide a focal point and add a sense of movement to the pond. Fountains, waterfalls, streams, and bubblers all create interesting visual effects while aerating the pond and promoting healthy aquatic life. Incorporating these features into your pond design can give it an elegant feel, making it an inviting spot for relaxation or entertaining guests.
4. Wildlife Support: With growing awareness about conservation issues, more pond owners are looking for ways to support local wildlife by creating habitats within their own ponds. This could include adding native wetland plants that attract beneficial insects such as dragonflies and butterflies, as well as providing homes for small animals like frogs and birds with natural structures like logs, rocks, and pond shelves. By creating habitats for wildlife, pond owners can create a safe space that helps to conserve nature while also beautifying their pond.
5. Outdoor Lighting: Adding lighting to your pond not only enhances its beauty but also has practical benefits as well. Pathway lights can be used to illuminate pathways around a pond for nighttime walks, while underwater for materials such as recycled glass, wood, and stones that promote sustainability. These materials not only help reduce the impact on the environment but can also add unique textures and colors to a pond design that make it truly unique. Eco-friendly pond features like solar-powered lights or pumps are becoming increasingly popular due to their low cost and energy efficiency.
These are just some of the many pond and water feature trends to think about in 2023. By staying on top of these trends, current (and future) pond owners can ensure they have a pond design that is both beautiful and functional.
For further advice on pond installation, contact Pondscapes. We can help you to create a pond design that fits your needs and preferences while ensuring it meets all of the necessary safety regulations. Our team has been helping Scottsdale homeowners craft the water features of their dreams for years! With Pondscapes, you can be sure that your pond will be built to last for years to come! Call us at (480) 987-7781.